Watchdog Extreme Humidity Breathers
In certain extreme operating environments such as a paper mills or a steam cleaning rooms, the humidity level far exceeds normal industrial environments. In these situations, lubricants and other fluids stored in tanks and reservoirs need the protection of a desiccant breather even more. However, small temperature variations draw in the humid air and unnecessarily reduce the life of the breather. The Watchdog® Extreme Humidity Breathers incorporate two check valves, one to control airflow into the protected reservoir and one to control airflow out. This prolongs the life of the desiccant by allowing the air to flow through the breather only when needed to protect the integrity of the tank.
Unlike a membrane system, which does not allow internally generated gases and contaminants to exit the system, the Watchdog Extreme Humidity Breather offers all of the advantages of breathing air in and out of the tank while removing water vapor and solid particles before they contaminate the fluid.
|Model No.||Description||Air Flow||Water Capacity||Dim A||Dim B||Dim C||Check Valve Capacity|
|39141||Extreme Humidity||10 CFM||.16 lb||5 in||N/A||1/2" FNPT||.1 psi in / .1 psi out|
|39110||Extreme Humidity||10 CFM||.2 lb||6.625 in||N/A||1/2" FNPT||.3 psi in / .3 psi out|
|39111||Extreme Humidity||20 CFM||.6 lb||5 in||1.25 in||1" slip||.3 psi in / 2.1 psi out|
|39112||Extreme Humidity||20 CFM||1.4 lb||8 in||1.25 in||1" slip||.3 psi in / 2.1 psi out|
|39113||Extreme Humidity||20 CFM||.6 lb||5 in||1.87 in||2" MNPT||.3 psi in / 2.1 psi out|
|39114||Extreme Humidity||20 CFM||1.4 lb||8 in||1.87 in||2" MNPT||.3 psi in / 2.1 psi out|
- Water Vapor Adsorbent – The silica used in the Watchdog Extreme Humidity Breathers adsorb up to 40% of its own weight.
- Color Indicating – When maximum adsorption is reached the silica gel turns from orange to dark green, indicating replacement is needed. The silica gel used is chemically inert, non-corrosive, and does not contain cobalt chloride, a heavy metal. The color changing dye used is environmentally safe and meets all health and safety requirements.
- Durable Construction – Watchdog Extreme Humidity Breathers are manufactured from rugged ABS plastic and impact modified acrylic.
- Easy Connection – Models are available with 1″ slip fit connection which mates with the standard Watchdog Breather Adapters or with a 2″ male NPT connection.
Do you have a suggestion to improve this product? If so, you can submit your idea here. For special quote requests, please use our quote request form or contact our customer service team at 262.691.9336.
|Nominal Air Flow Rate||10 CFM (75 gpm of fluid volume change)
20 CFM (150 gpm of fluid volume change)
|Operating Temperature Range||-20ºF to 200ºF (-28ºC to 93ºC)|
|Material||ABS plastic and impact-modified acrylic|
|Particulate Filtration Level||2 Micron Filter|
- Lube Room Checklist
- Watchdog EX Desiccant Breather Overview and Cost Savings
- Upgrading from a Vented Opto-Matic Oiler to a Closed System Oiler
- Closed System Hot Setup Kits
- Watchdog Desiccant Breathers
- Watchdog EX Breather