- Water Vapor Adsorbent – the silica gel used adsorbs up to 40% of its own weight.
- Color Indicator – When maximum adsorption is reached the silica gel turns from orange to dark green, indicating replacement is needed. The silica gel used is chemically inert, non-corrosive, and does not contain cobalt chloride, a heavy metal. The color changing dye used is environmentally safe and meets all health and safety requirements.
- Dual Filtration System – A two micron filter (99% efficiency) is located at the top and bottom of the silica gel bed. The top filter removes particle contamination from atmospheric air and the bottom helps with dust created by the silica gel beads contacting each other.
- Activated Carbon – As air is expelled, it passes through activated carbon which removes oil vapors, fumes, and odors (except for part numbers 39131, 39132, 39133, and 39134).
- Bi-directional air flow – A 360º air flow allows air to be breathed in and out as fluid level changes or differential pressures occur. Expelled air “backflushes” the particulate filter to prolong the life of the breather.
- Durable construction – Watchdog Desiccant Breathers are manufactured from rugged ABS plastic and impact modified acrylic.
- To install Watchdog Desiccant Breathers use one of several Watchdog Breather Adapters.
Do you have a suggestion to improve this product? If so, you can submit your idea here. For special quote requests, please use our quote request form or contact our customer service team at 262.691.9336.