Over 40% of engine failure is due to a problem in the cooling system. Routine coolant analysis and maintenance can achieve maximum system efficiency and identify potential problems before they become catastrophic failures. Trico coolant analysis will alert you to coolant breakdowns, which can contribute to failures. Our coolant analysis can detect:
- Metal corrosion
- Combustion gas leaks
- Electrical ground problems
- Localized overheating
- Chemical breakdown
Trico’s laboratory offers a full suite of coolant system tests, including:
- Corrosion Levels: Corrosion is monitored in the cooling system.
- Percent Glycol: Glycol is the main ingredient of most coolants, too much or too little will reduce the protection of the cooling system.
- Freeze Point: The temperature at which crystallization begins.
- pH: The measure of the hydrogen ion concentration which indicates whether the coolant is acidic, alkaline or neutral.
- Conductivity: The ability of the coolant to conduct an electrical current.
- Physical Properties: Inspection of the coolant in regards to odor, foam, precipitate, and oil and fuel presence.