The Ferroscope FS-6 analytical ferrography optical microscope is specially assembled by Trico with attachments and options that enhance particle identification and interpretation. The Ferroscope FS-6 comes with three magnification powers -100x, 500x, 1,000x. A technician can scan a Ferrogram quickly at low power looking for obvious abnormal particles, interpret particle origin and wear mechanism at 500x, and gain more insight into stress directions at 1,000x.
The Ferroscope FS-6 is equipped with reflective and transmitted light sources so that a Ferrogram can be illuminated from above and below. A red light source illuminated above the Ferrogram causes the light to be reflected off particles and a green light source below the Ferrogram causes light to be transmitted. Any metallic particles will reflect light and non-metallic particles will transmit light.
Ferroscope – Wear Debris Analysis (Ferrography)
- Field of view is 50% greater than previous ferroscopes, optics are infinity corrected eliminating focus problems
- Light source powers are increased in intensity over past models allowing better definition and much better photography (photomicroscopy)
- Tri-nocular system allows the addition of cameras, including video, and digital photography (microscopy)
- Bi-chromatic light (two light sources, reflected and transmitted) for identifying metallic versus non-metallic debris
- Three magnification powers; 100x, 500x, and 1000x enable rapid scanning to minute detailing
- Red and green light filters aid in identification of particle
- Polarizer and analyzers help identify particulate and fibrous contamination
- Ergonomic design enables analyst to rest arms on table while adjusting focus
- Capture wear debris images with the Ferroscope Digital Camera
Do you have a suggestion to improve this product? If so, you can submit your idea here. For special quote requests, please use our quote request form or contact our customer service team at 262.691.9336.
|Power||100V or 220V AC|